What To Do If Your Power Goes Out
First, check your fuses or breakers. (Instructions on how to check your fuses or breakers, click here)
- Check to see if your neighbor has power
- Have your phone number associated with your account ready
- If your power goes out please call 719-495-2283, 719-775-2861, OR 1-800-388-9881 and use our Integrated Voice Response System
- Provide any information that will help us locate and repair the problem
- If you have determined that your home is out of power, turn off or unplug any appliances you were using when the power went out. Leave just one light on so you know when power is restored. Disconnect sensitive electronics to avoid damage.
The most efficient way to report an outage is through our Integrated Voice Response System. It is important that we have current telephone number on file. If the system does not recognize the phone number, you can leave a detailed message about the outage location.
You may experience a busy signal when calling during a major outage. If you see we are aware of outages in your area, be assured we will restore power as quickly as possible.
Restoring power during inclement weather or after a large accident can be a big job. MVEA maintains a 24-hour, 365 day-a-year on call crews so if you should lose power, be assured we're working as quickly as possible to get your lights back on.